You need to complete the following tasks:
- Log in and change your FSA ID. Do NOT share your new FSA ID password with anyone!
- Contact your federal loan servicer to revoke any power of attorney or third-party authorization agreement that your servicer has on file. You should also make sure no unwanted actions were taken on your loans.
- Contact your bank or credit card company, and request that payments to the company be stopped.
- File a complaint with the FTC.
- File a report of suspicious activity through the Federal Student Aid Feedback System.
How do I change my FSA ID password?
Go to the “Manage My FSA ID” tab on the FSA ID site and log in using your username and password. Once logged in, click the “Change My Password” link. You’ll be prompted to enter your current password and choose a new password. Be sure to keep track of your new password and do not share it with anyone! If someone has access to your FSA ID information, they can make changes to your account without your permission.
If you cannot log in because you do not know your current username and/or password, go to the “Manage My FSA ID” tab on the FSA ID site and click “Forgot My Username” or “Forgot My Password” to retrieve it.
Note: To retrieve your username or password, you’ll either need to have a code sent to your mobile phone or your email address, or you’ll need to answer your challenge questions. If a student loan debt relief company had access to your FSA ID, it’s possible that they may have changed the email address or phone number associated with your account. If you don’t have access to or haven’t verified the mobile phone number or email address associated with your FSA ID, and you don’t know the answers to your challenge questions, you will have to contact the Federal Student Aid Information Center. An agent will walk you through self-service options. If that does not resolve the situation, you will go through the FSA ID verification process. You’ll send in copies of identification, and the email address on your account will reset to one you can access. This process takes 7–10 days from the point at which you send in your documentation.