Tala is a California-based mobile tech company that provides financial access to “underserved people” worldwide. One of Forbes’ top 50 fintech companies, Tala currently operates in four developing countries, namely the Philippines, Kenya, Mexico, and Tanzania. Tala offers instant loans in the Philippines via a mobile app for loan application, status tracking, and customer support.
- Convenient, on-the-go loan application and status tracking via a smartphone app
- Few requirements: only one valid ID will suffice
- Fastest loan approval in under 5 minutes
- Secure transactions; requires a four-digit PIN code to access the app
- Easy cash disbursement via Coins.ph e-wallet, bank deposit, and Padala Centers
- Easy loan repayment options: 7-Eleven, Coins.ph, Cebuana Lhuillier, or M Lhuillier
- High customer satisfaction: 4.7 rating on Google Play and positive customer reviews i.e., fast transaction and approval
- Available only to Android users
- First-time borrowers can loan only PHP 1,000, though the loanable amounts increase in increments of PHP 500 as you keep repaying on time
- Requires using your Facebook account to apply for a loan
- 8% penalty fee for late repayment
- Filipinos with an Android smartphone and a Facebook account can apply for payday loans from Tala Philippines.
- A Facebook account
- Any of these valid government IDs:
- UMID/SSS ID
- Postal ID
- Driver’s license
- Voter’s ID
- PRC card
How to apply online for a Tala Loan
- Download the Tala Philippines app and then register.
- Open the app and click on “Apply Now.”
- Fill out the loan application form.
- Sign into your Facebook account.
- Submit a photo or scanned copy of your valid ID.
- Accept the loan offer and choose your preferred repayment option.
Loan Ranger Cash Loan
Loanranger.ph, owned by SEC-licensed First Digital Finance Corporation, claims to be the first lender to provide payday loans in the Philippines. The lender has mixed customer reviews: many customers are happy with its easy and hassle-free online loan application process, fast cash disbursement, and convenient repayment channels. But they noted that Loan Ranger took more than 24 hours to approve loans (though succeeding loan approvals are faster) and could offer more options for repayment channels.
- Fast cash disbursement immediately after approval. Depending on your bank, you may get your money in real time.
- Low interest rate of 3.5% when you borrow PHP 10,000 and pay it off within five days
- Convenient online loan repayment via Coins.ph or bank deposit
- High interest rate of 19.5% when you pay off your instant loan in 30 days
- Requires using your Facebook account to apply for a loan. Manage your Facebook privacy settings beforehand to avoid data privacy issues.
- Over 18 years old
- Stable income, whether as a regular employee, freelancer/home-based worker, or small/micro business owner
- One valid government ID
- A Facebook account
- Any of the following proof of income for the past three months:
- Pay slips
- Bank statements
- Online banking screenshots (Note: Be careful not to share any private information.)
How to apply online for a Loan Ranger Cash Loan
- Click on the “Apply now” button and fill out the online loan application form on their website.
- Wait for an email notification about your loan status.
- Wait for the money to be deposited directly to your bank account.