HSBC, officially known as The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, is a wholly owned subsidiary of HSBC, the largest bank in Hong Kong, and operates branches and offices throughout the Asia Pacific region, and in other countries around the world such as the Philippines. It is also one of the three commercial banks licensed by the Hong Kong Monetary Authority to issue banknotes for the Hong Kong dollar.
Turn your aspirations into reality with an HSBC personal loan, with fast approvals and flexible loan tenors.
- Fast approval – five working days after you submit your documents.
- Choose to repay your loan in 6, 12, 18, 24, or 36 months.
- Add-on rate from 1.21% monthly.
- financing amount: ₱30,000.00
- Financing amount: Up to ₱500,000.00
- loan tenure: 6 months
- Loan tenure: 3 years
- Interest rate: 1.25% per month add-on
- Approval duration: Loan approval within 5-7 working days
- Debt consolidation: No
Fees & Charges
One time set up
- Processing fee: ₱1,500.00
- Stamp duty: ₱1.00 for every ₱200.00 loan drawn for loans above ₱250,000.00 or loan purpose is for business use
- Disbursement & misc. fee: N/A
- Early settlement: To be computed as described in the HSBC website and in the HSBC Easy Guide to Bank Services and Charges (upon loan pre- termination)
- Late payment charges: 36% per annum on all overdue amounts or a minimum of ₱300.00
- Age requirement: Age 21 – 60
- Employment eligibility: At least ₱14,000 monthly income
- salary requirement: ₱14,000 gross per month
- Guarantor / Collateral requirement: No
- Need to open linked banked account? Yes
- Other details: Method of Payment – BDO branches, or via BPI/Unionbank ATM’s, SM Department Stores, Supermarkets and Hypermarts
HSBC PERSONAL LOAN FAQ
- How much can I borrow?
With a HSBC Personal Loan, borrow as much as ₱500,000, subject to approval.
- What are the HSBC Personal Loan Requirements?
An applicant must fulfill HSBC’s eligibility criteria for a loan:
- At least 21 but below 60 years old upon loan maturity
- Must be a permanent resident in any of the HSBC pre-determined areas for at least 3 years.
List of areas: Metro Manila, Metro Cebu, Bulacan, Cavite and Rizal, Pampanga, Davao City
- Must have a gross monthly income of:
₱10, 000 for EPP members or for salaried/employed in Metro Cebu only
P14, 000 for all salaried/employed in all other areas
P50, 000 for self-employed
- 2 years combined employment with present or previous employer
- a minimum of 3 years business existence is a must
Have any 2 of the following:
- Residential landline
- Office landline
- Mobile number
Consequently, after filling out an application form, the following documents are necessary:
Fully Employed applicants need:
- Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) or BIR Form and original pay slip (one whole month)
- Photocopy of valid photograph-bearing ID with proof of nationality and date of birth (i.e. Passport, Driver’s License or any Government-Issued ID such as PRC ID, SSS card type ID or BIR card type ID)
- Proof of residential address (PORA)
- Signed Terms and Conditions with Global Consent Clause
If foreign national, any of the following additional documents will be required:
- Copy of valid resident visa or; (2) Copy of valid non-resident visa considered by BSP as eligible for peso loans
Self-Employed applicants need:
- ITR and audited Financial Statement for the last 3 years (same business)
- SEC/DTI Certificate of Registration
- Business or Mayor’s Permit
- Photocopy of Valid ID (same as Employed)
- Bank statement for the past three months (at least one year active)
- Photocopy of valid photograph-bearing ID (Passport, Driver’s License, PRC ID) with proof of nationality and date of birth
- Proof of Residential Address (PORA)
NB: Additional documents may be required during credit evaluation.
- How does the HSBC Personal Loan Calculator work?
The HSBC Personal Loan calculator computes the estimated cost of borrowing and amount of payment per instalment. Input the desired loan amount to automatically get the estimated monthly amortization for different tenors.